CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology - is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
It is a consortium of universities and research institutes in Brno:
- Masaryk University
- Brno University of Technology
- Mendel University in Brno
- University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences in Brno
- Veterinary Research Institute
- Institute of Physics of Materials of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
UVPS Brno and VRI participate in the Molecular Veterinary Medicine Research programme. Coordinator of this programme is prof. RNDr. MVDr. Petr Hořín, CSc. There are six Research groups. Research groups of UVPS Brno and their Research Group Leaders are:
- RG-7-2 Molecular Microbiology prof. MVDr. Alois Čížek, CSc.
- RG-7-3 Zoonoses prof. MVDr. Břetislav Koudela, CSc.
- RG-7-5 Orthopaedics and Surgery MVDr. Pavel Proks, Ph.D.
- RG-7-6 Animal Imunogenomics prof. RNDr. MVDr. Petr Hořín, CSc.
For more information see CEITEC official website.
The project was funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Operational Programme Research and Development for Innovations, priority axis 1 – European Centres of Excellence, which is managed by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. The total budget of the centre is €223 mil. Registration number of the project is CZ.1.05/1.1.00/02.0068.